Monday, February 1, 2010

Today was the foggiest darn day... Somehow, it made me crave a hearty soup. I'm a little bored with my usual soups so I jumped on Cooking Cache and found an easy beany, taco-y, tomato-y thing that I had all the ingredients for. It's called Beefy Taco Soup, which I altered slightly (cuz that's what I do). Heck, I'll just list it here for you all.

Beefy Taco Soup regular version (SKs altered version)
1 lbs ground beef, browned (1-1/2 lbs + 2 cloves minced garlic)
15 oz can tomatoes (2 cans diced tomatoes)
2 cans kidney beans (1 can each butter beans, pinto beans, black beans and kidneys)
1 C. water (two bean cans worth ;o)
1 pkg taco seasoning (I buy bulk so I used like 3 TBS)
1 pkg ranch dressing (1 pkg HV Ranch Dip mix)
1 can corn (I use frozen so I dumped some in until it looked good ;o)

After browning the beef, mix it all in a pot and simmer til done. To serve: crush tortilla chips into your bowl, spoon in your soup, sprinkle with shredded cheese and add a dollop of sour cream.

I love easy and taco-y. Perfect for a foggy day.

Now, what to do about this sweet tooth?

No comments: