Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dottie
(registered name Miss May)

Dot is by far the biggest doe I have. This is her third season and she's had triplets both of the previous years. I just have to assume that's what she's doing again this year.
That's Dottie there in the middle.
Punkin looks, in awe, from the fence line.

Sugar, with the red collar, is one of last years triplets.
She's too young to have babies this year.




Kind of a surprise to see her lay down at this point. Usually, she's sits like a dog so that everything rests on her hind quarters. Laying down, late-term like this, when it's wall-to-wall kids, means one or more of those kids invariably tries to occupy space formerly used by a kidney, or the liver or the bladder. Know what I'm sayin'? Uncomfortable!

2 comments:

Durinda said...

Oh my! I remember how it felt..ankles swollen, hips spreading... She looks miserable.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she's a uncomfortable, I feel for her. Luckily, she's only got a week or so to go.