Thursday, October 9, 2008

I decided to tackle a project today. Nothing like, get the laundry done, wash dishes, clean the bathrooms, wash the bed linens or vacuum. I can do that any day. No, I wanted to plant my irises. That's all, just plant my irises. Because, . .if I didn't plant those irises, my friend Lin (she gave me all the tubers) was gonna smack me one. Well, . . she was! So, I decided to plant them in front of the corrals on the way into our driveway. Manny (HWM-tehe) sprayed the weeds and burmuda grass there several times over the summer so it's "mostly" dirt, not plants. As some projects do, this one started to "grow" immediately. I got a couple bunches of tubers in then I thought, "It's gotta have a border so people don't walk into it."--I grabbed some RRties that just happened to be laying nearby, dug trenches and placed them around the bed. Then, darn it all if some burmuda grass hadn't worked it's way into the mix--I had to dig it out before I could plant the bulbs. Oh yea, I had bulbs too, might as well get them into the ground if I'm gonna be digging anyway. Ya know, I better just show you the pictures, instead of giving it to you blow by blow.

Actually, blogger isn't downloading my pics right now. I'm famished from my day, I'll try again later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come join me on Saturday for a evening of scrapbooking. What was the blogger site we were talking about at bunko? I am over 40 and can't remeber.
Rasinkain

Anonymous said...

TK, it's blogger.com
As a matter of fact, if you want to start your own blog, you can click on "Create Blog" at the very upper right corner of my blog.
Just do it girl!! It's fun.

Anonymous said...

No there was another one beside thepioneerwoman.con that you were talking about.
I have a blogger.com one but can't find time to update and now I forgot thte darn password and it turns out I misspelled the email address so they can't send my password. So I guess I will probably have to start another one. UGH. Ugly getting old and forgetful.
TK

Anonymous said...

Wordpress is another blog site. I'm not sure how it work tho.