Our Christmas
Decorating Tradition:
Cookies and Tree
. . while Bunny and CeCe (that's short for Cousin E ♥) just knocked out the dough with their LPSs (that's short for Littlest Pet Shop pets ☺ LOL!) Actually, they were "helping". Those LPSs sure know how to bake cookies.
RBoy was all business, at least for now.

I got the recipe for the frosting off of the Pioneer Woman website and you should know, this is the way to decorate cookies; Royal Frosting!! And, it wouldn't be complete without help from the nutcrackers.

Next year, I will order the food coloring Pioneer Woman suggested cuz our frosting was a little bitter. The cookies were totally edible but as Bunny said, "The red ones taste like rubber." So, we didn't do too many in red/pink. The white, yellow and blue YUM!! Here's Gma B putting some shine on a Christmas tree.

Aren't they pretty? All were decorated using frosting bottles with tooth picks to blend or spread. Easy, cheesy!

Look how fast HWManny and Rb are at putting up the tree.
They're a blur! LOL!

We don't pose for pictures in this house.
Whoa, that tree looks a little lopsided.
The girls ended up finishing the tree. Every single one of our ornaments is on that tree and you know what? It looks great. I'm usually a minimalist, putting up sentimental or coordinating decor. This year, I let the girls loose and the result is beautiful! Good job, without rhyme or reason, thanks for reminding me, it's all in the spirit of Christmas.
1 comment:
We would love to have you guys join us at Deck the Halls. It is really a great family time. Brings back the real reason for Christmas. I have a DVD I will have to get you a copy. Maybe you can show it to folks at church and get a few other families to go.
Post a Comment