Dogs . . . Grrr!!
Looks nice and peaceful, doesn't it. It was, very nice, especially considering that 30 minutes before, I was almost eaten by dogs.
I've been riding my bike a lot lately. Actually, it's quite addictive. I love seeing the countryside in this sort of up-close and personal way. Until the dogs start showing up. Ya know, I love dogs, and just animals in general, but when it comes to biking . . .
A couple days ago, I was out for a longer-than-usual ride, deciding to ride the Tour de Frog loop again, because it went right past our house and I already knew how long it was. Anywhoooo, . . . right off the bat, two little furr-balls, probably pomeranians, maybe fluffy chihuahua chased me for like two blocks. I was more worried about them getting into my tire and dumping me than I was about getting bit, even though the faster one tried for my toe. But, the scary part came, when, about 30 minutes later, I was on a narrow, country road between two apple orchards when I saw a big, black dog sleeping on his porch. Good, he's sleeping. Until, the dog at the next house, tied to his kennel, lunged and growled and barked, waking the sleeping dog who immediately took off after me. Well, crap, at least I had a head start and fresh legs, so I hit the pedals. Looking over my left shoulder, all was good. Except, I didn't see the sneaky little scotty coming around the tree in front of the house on my right or his border-collie-mix buddy rounding the corner of the house. [Expletive]!!! I thought for sure the scotty was going to get my foot but his stubby legs left him short. And truthfully, I have no idea what happened with the border collie because another flippin' dog came from my left and was out to kill me. I KNOW, right?!! This sounds like a big whoppin' fish story. "No, no, no, no, no [expletive-may have started with an F] NO!!" I was saying ... and pedaling, ... and praying, ... and Thank You God, made it! And even though I'm not a fast rider, it felt fast as I put everything I had into getting as far away from there as I could before slowing and assessing the damage (none, except a racing heart and burning legs). In the end, the scariest dog was that last one. All I really remember is brown fur and bared teeth and thinking, "If I get caught, he'll kill me!" Who knows, maybe he's all bark, but I will NEVER ride that road again,.. ever.
1 comment:
aaaaaccccckkkkkkkk!
Post a Comment