Time To Work With The Steers
It seems a little early... it's not! I have a whole story about how things went LAST year or last steer project, ..but,... that was last year, this is this year. New project, new start. But, I will say, 600 lbs is big, but not as big as the 1100 lbs they will quickly become. And, when you're halter breaking, 600 lbs is the better place to start. Okay,.. enough of that MOM!!See the steer that's already tied? Steer 194. Rboy put the halter on while he was eating his grain, he loves food THAT much. He's tied up first because he's a bit more tame. Not TAME,.. tame. There's a difference.

Now for Steer 193. Grandpa CK was here for
Thanksgiving and wanted to do the ropin'.

I'm not sure what Honey thought she was going to do.
She ended up leaving. Who'd of guessed it.

Got him! He wasn't happy, trust me. HWM is awesome at this part.
That's my totally biased, wifey opinion.. but I'm right ;o)

See. He's that good. 193 calmed right down.
He just stood there and waited for HWM to put the
halter on him. Hehehe,.. pretty much.

Not bad for the first time. He stood that way for a long, long time.
It looked like he was falling asleep

1 comment:
What a great way to start out my Monday! It all looks BRRRRY cold. df
Post a Comment