I've taken to plagarism, sort of, well, not at all really, ANYWHOO... I posted the following "blurb" on a blog we do with HWM's family,... and it works here too so I just copied it. Yea, I'm lazy,.. and I'm good with it ;o) and I missed keeping in touch with you all ;o). I could also add that I've had the worst kidding season ever, so there hasn't been a lot of fun stuff to write...keepin' it real...
Life on the Farm
Sounds better than Goat Farmer ;o)
Sounds better than Goat Farmer ;o)
Oh my. I'm not getting to this posting thing as much as I'd like. Can't seem to come up with anything original or exciting. Must be the "brain freeze" after losing 2 does and 3 kids and giving away 3 kids. Can you imagine what our place would look like if we still had all those goats. That's eight animals GONE. . . six of them kids. Okay, enough of my whining....
Here's a life-on-the-farm tidbit ;o) and more about goats. Imagine being the mother of triplets. Imagine feeding triplets. Imagine having just two bottles to feed triplets ... and the triplets are growing by leaps and bounds ... and are born with teeth ... and they REALLY want that bottle. As Steve and I were doing chores the other day, I noticed Dot (triplet momma) wasn't letting her kids nurse. "Oh crap" is what I said (sorry,.. but it is). All the worst case scenerios started running through my head, cuz that's just how it's been going for me lately. Anyway,.. "Oh crap. What's goin' on sister?" When I got to her, I knew. Three ravenous babies were taking their toll on "the bottle," so to speak. Ouch! Maybe I mean OUCH!! For several days, we had to catch her, doctor her and make her stand for feeding (hold one, let two eat, put one down, grab one that's had enough...). Some salve and antibiotics have brought her back to her job but the job isn't getting any easier. Steve is close to finishing the creep feeder and no one will be happier to see it than Dot.
A creep feeder, if you didn't know, is a manger that only the
young'uns can get to. No mommas allowed.
2 comments:
I feel for ya!
U need 2 email me after the computer FLOP!
Thanks
Sara
Hey Steph sorry to hear about your losses. I have one less - oldest son is going to be stationed at Ft. Lewis as of June 10. Great B'day present. Doing WDW end of June. M in Silverdale
Post a Comment