Holiday Spirit
and I'm feeling, . . . hungry.
For new stuff, new recipes. I'll share if you share, how's that. You can do this, right? Share some holiday recipes with me. That would be SOOO cool! If you do,... I'll post a picture of the new llama. Okay, I was going to do that anyway. Just send me something yummy, use the comment link. You can do it anonymously if you want, but I do want to copy it to the blog so we can all share.
Here, I'll go first.
Try this, it's yummy and
I don't double it, it makes tons.
Peppermint Patties
2-1/2 lbs. powdered sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
4 T butter
1-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
green food coloring-a couple drops
Mix all the ingredients together.
Shape into balls and press down.
Dip into chocolate coating.
3 comments:
The cinnamon rolls on thepioneerwoman.com site today looks very good. I am thinking about making them this coming Sunday.
Candy cane cheesecake
Ingredients
1 1/3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
24 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup peppermint stick candy crushed
Directions
Preheat oven to 325F.
Combine first 3 ingredients and press into a 9-inch springform pan.
Blend sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour and both extracts until smooth.
Add cream cheese and 2 T butter.
Stir in crushed candy.
Pour into crust and bake on lowest rack of oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
Allow to cool (top may crack) and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from pan and serve.
Top with sweetened whip cream and garnish with candy cane if desired.
PUMPKIN ROLL
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. pumpkin
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Grease a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with edges, line the pan with wax paper and grease the wax paper. Mix all ingredients together and spread evenly in the pan. Bake 15 min., do not over bake. Turn on to a flour sack tawel (dampen the towel using a spray bottle). Roll up in towel, starting at the short side and let cool for 45-60 min. Unroll, remove wax paper an spread with fill, re-roll and or can be frozen.
FILLING
8 Oz. cream cheese
2 TBSP. butter or margarine
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 c. powdered sugar
Mix above ingredients until creamy.
I have received many compliments for the above recipe. Grandma A
Post a Comment