Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dam~That Was Scary!
Salmon Falls Resevoir has a dam that is, well, ancient.
I don't know when it was built, I think my parents said 1920s.
It was, to me, a bit precarious. Here's the dam...


This is the edge of the dam. The crumbling, weathered, edge of the dam, from the single lane road that travels across the top of it. We were traveling across it, as did someone on a horse at one point. See the tracks. Um,.. yikes!
I was taking a picture from a point safely across the dam,
or so I thought. Peek through that hole at the base of an edge barrier
and you'd see a straight drop to the river below.
I'm thinking, "Please, no rain before we come back."
The dam was our way back to Jackpot.

Oh, look at the pretty little waterfall. Water that escaped the
resevoir through the lava rock. You may have to click on the
picture to see it closer.

No comments: