Okay, I don't know what was up with the camera on this pic but I'm still posting it, because,...
This is me treating my mom and teen S to the yummiest little buns. My favorite thing when we make it to the West Side. So first thing in the morning, it was a bee line to the market. I was going to memorize the name but you know me and memorizing. They are so good. BBQ buns is what I call them. It's seasoned pork in a bread roll. Help me out here Brenda, what are they called?

We also bought a salmon. This is the nice man helping me pick a fish BEFORE my stepdad came up and, while patting the belly of a rather healthy-sized salmon said, "You want this one here." "Okay," I said to the fish monger "we'll take that one. We need it filleted." My stepdad starts laughing "What the heck is he laughing about now?" I think, cluelessly. "Okay ma'am," the man begins to explain, politely I might add, "that is a wild salmon. It's $23.99 a pound and it's about 20 pounds." I started some math in my head and what I came up with was, "Wow! That's like a $250 fish." "Math is not this ladies strong point." thinks the man. Hey, I never said it was. "No, actually, that's a $480 fish." he said. Yikes!! "Never mind, we'll take that little farm raised dude over there." And he was tasty-fine. The fish guy still tried to sell me his $480 fish saying we could eat on it for months but I resisted, it wasn't really that hard actually. ;o)

No comments:
Post a Comment